Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September Sketch



Hello! Leslie here, with the September Sketch, once again provided by the lovely and talented Chari Moss. Here's the sketch:




First I did a pretty literal interpretation and made this:


I took the opportunity to mix and match paper patterns, and just used a variety of circle dies. For the smaller circles, I used various small punches and topped them with pearls. Even with the pearls, I think it would work for a guy or gal - BONUS!

Next, I used the same orientation, but girl'd it up with flowers:


Please pretend that top flower isn't getting ready to take flight. Sorry about the poor leaf placement. ;/ For this one I only did the three larger circle elements and let the "bubble" paper do the work of the other circles in the sketch.

Note: With the first card, I used two papers to get the dividing line in the sketch, where with the second card I used one paper with a line of card stock for ... the line. Also, with the second card, I didn't use exact placement with the circles, but I think it is still close enough to the sketch to pass muster.

For my third and last card, I turned the sketch like this:



and I made this:


This did not work out as I'd planned. I was not going for a more-is-more card, not at all! I wanted to use a light blue for the background so it wasn't so in-your-face, but nooooooo, I don't have a light color of blue ink, so I had to use a brighter blue. I spent the rest of my time trying to tone it down. :(

The first thing I did was add the yellow sun, which helped. It's one of the two larger circles in the sketch. I then die-cut two clouds (because there weren't enough clouds there already) so I could pop them up for the other two larger circle sketch elements, but they disappeared into the background, so I colored them with a C00 Copic, because as you know, clouds in the sky are not all pure white, so yeah, that worked.

The sequins at the bottom are the smaller circles in the sketch, and the strategically-placed sentiment banner hides more of the clouds. Please ignore the boo-boo next to my obligatory hand-drawn birds. I had sequins there and it was just over-powering. Not willing to start over, I pulled them off, then dipped my stylus in the ink pad and "painted" the exposed card stock. Sigh.

Here's a side-by-side in case you can't see the sketch in that last card:


That's it for this month's sketch. Just a reminder: The sketch segment here at ABNH is not a separate challenge and there is no linky below. It's just for added inspiration and to help jump-start your mojo. Please feel free to incorporate the sketch in your creations! If you do, please link back to ABNH and also leave a comment below with a link to your post so we can all come by and see what you've done with it. :)

Don't forget to play our current Buttons challenge! There's a Simon Says Stamp Gift Voucher up for grabs for one lucky player!









Supplies for card 1: misc small circle punches, and the following:

Supplies for card 2: misc black pebbles bling-y stuff, and the following:

Supplies for card 3: misc twine, Neat & Tangled sequins, sentiment from a Hero Arts/Studio Calico set from a class I took, and the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment