Thursday, September 5, 2013

More Button Goodness

Hi everyone, Sue here with a couple cards to inspire you for our current Button Challenge.  I don't use buttons very often on my projects, I just never know how to incorporate them into my card design.  So I decided to pull out my buttons and see what I could come up with.

My first project uses the negative space of a Hero Arts Silhouette Umbrella Cut File that I filled with pastel coloured Hero Arts buttons.  I've had these buttons in my stash for a long time and am glad I was able to use some of them up.  They add a fresh burst of colour and a little bit of texture to the card.  Oh, and I also used black buttons for the umbrella stem. You can also easily do this technique with dies and punches.
Button Umbrella

For my second card I wanted to make a fall coloured card but I didn't have the right shades of buttons so I took out my smallest buttons in white and clear and coloured them with Sharpie and Copic Markers. It's an easy way to get the perfect colour match for your card.
Button Wreath
I really struggled with filling the button holes for this card.  I don't like leaving them empty, it just doesn't seem right but when I added thread I thought it overwhelmed the buttons and the design, so I tried gems and pearls in a variety of colours and didn't like that.  What's your take on leaving button holes empty?


I hope you get a chance to play along with our Button Challenge.  Someone will win a gift voucher to go buy crafty supplies from Simon Says Stamp.

Thanks for visiting with me today!












No comments:

Post a Comment